"I am grateful for what I am and have.
My thanksgiving is perpetual...
O how I laugh when I think of my vague indefinite riches.
No run on my bank can drain it
for my wealth is not possession but enjoyment."
Henry David Thoreau
All of these things have been developed over 30 years of life. The things I chose to love or hate, dive into or shy away from, have all made up Susan Elizabeth Thompson. (Yup, That's me.)
And I am damn proud of the path I’ve walked.
There is no one in the world I’d rather be than me.
I haven’t always felt that way. There were times that I would’ve given anything to trade places. And days like that may rear their ugly head from time to time in my next 30 years….
But now…
Right now…
I am ecstatic to be entering this next phase with a strong understanding of who I am and how I came to be this way.
And I am grateful for every single second.
Which…at long last…brings me to this blog, or what I am calling my self-expansion project.
It is 100 days until my 30th birthday. I would like to use these 100 days and 100 blog posts to express my gratitude for the time I’ve been given on this earth. Gratitude for the lessons I’ve learned, the people I’ve known, the places I’ve been, and experiences I’ve had. Gratitude for all the things that make up a life. My life.
I am scared. Scared that a post a day will be too much. Scared of the feelings that may surface. Scared of people actually reading it! Scared of judgment. I say that only to get it out in the open. To acknowledge the fear and challenge myself to see it through to the end.
My hope is that I will finish this self-expansion project with an even greater understanding of who I am. I hope to express to so many of you just how important you are to me. I hope to be honest and open and to not censor myself. To be me, out loud, and stand by my thoughts and beliefs. I hope to make those that read (including myself) think and feel and strive to put gratitude in the forefront of our minds. To constantly be aware of and be thankful for what we have.
So let’s start the journey with this…
Day 100: I am grateful for you. For anyone that takes a moment to view these words or may even choose to go on this journey with me. Thank you for your time, your thoughts, and your criticisms. I am going to attempt to open my heart to you and hope that you will do the same.
How beautifully expressed. And in case you didn't already know, I am so incredibly grateful for YOU.
ReplyDeleteXoxo
T
...crunk...
Hi Susan!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!!! Thanks in advance for sharing! You are a marvelous person and I am definitely along for the ride. :-)
xoxo,
~ Jamie
Yaaay, Sue! So proud of you for taking this step towards self-expansion, and grateful to get to share in the journey!!
ReplyDelete<3 <3 <3