"A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be." Douglas Pagels

Its so close. So very close.
As the days wind down, the numbers decrease, the excitement sets in, and the stress subsides....I still can't believe its all happening. I cannot believe I am lucky enough to spend my 30th birthday in such a way. Mike, Mexico, and merriment! Starting a new decade of life with such adventure. And that's what life is, right? One great big adventure. Anything is possible.
And today, I got to relax into that. That feeling of calm. Openness. The weight lifting. And Kat and Jenn had a great deal to do with that. Those two beautiful ladies took me out for a birthday mani/pedi. A decadent birthday mani/pedi. There was chocolate, champagne, and 1 hour pedicures. At one point tonight I was eating a milk chocolate sea salt caramel and sipping peach champagne while the the lady rubbed cool orange halves on my freshly scrubbed and massaged legs. It was spectacular. At that moment, I felt my self really relax for the first time in a long time. No where to be. Just sitting. And being. And breathing. Truly relaxed....and knowing that I was at the front end of 9 more days of this feeling.
And....to top it off....I'm with my girls. They game me such a precious gift tonight. Yes...an awesome mani/pedi!! But also their time, these few moments to be together. I am so excited to be going away with Mike for my birthday...but I needed to have a moment to recognize 30 with my best friends. It was so special and I will always remember it.......(and not just because Jenn popped the champagne with no warning in a very quiet, zen nail salon....scaring the crap out of everyone. It was hysterical.)
Day 3: I am grateful for Kat and Jenn and the thoughtful, perfect evening they blessed me with. For the moment of peace. The realization that true relaxation is ok sometimes...and that time is now. For the time together. For the amazing send off. And for being the incredible friends that they are.
As I'm writing this, I just can't help but think of all the wonderful ladies in my life. I am so lucky to have all of you.

No comments:
Post a Comment