"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(Me and Sammy. Halloween, back in the day.)
SAMMY IS COMING TODAY!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe its been 3 years. About 3 years since we've seen each other. And I am SO excited to end that streak today!
Sam and I went to college at CCM together. Then...we were roommates out here in Cali for several years. He is a dear dear friend and I have missed him terribly. Sam is a no-nonsense guy....He'll tell it to you like it is...but he is also extremely supportive and caring. He's great for a laugh and does a killer Mick Jagger impersonation. He loves to read and will always share his stories. We used to ride the train to work together....he would fill me in on the books he was reading...sometimes throughout entire series! And riding home one time, he even let me talk him through the entire musical Wicked. Yeah...good friend. We entertained each other....It made going to work, being at work, and coming home so much more fun. In fact...Sam is the one that got me that job in the first place. He really helped me out in a time of need and if it weren't for that, and that that job, I don't know where I'd be. He really helped me get on my feet.
We were friends right from the start. Back in college we did shows together, hung out together, partied together, shared music, and could talk for hours about anything under the sun. Not to mention....we could be so incredibly silly together. Absolute nonsense was our strong suite. We had a pretty special group of friends and Sam was a big part of that.
And he's always supported me...never judged me....even when things got rough, he never turned his back on me and always remained a true friend. We may not talk all the time. I know I've dropped the ball on communication there and there....but when it comes down to it, we are and always will be friends. He's one of those friends you can just pick up with where you left off. And I can't wait to do just that!! Hear all about his life and adventures, tell him all about mine....
We're having a small family cookout in his honor today. He came out to Cali for a visit with his lovely wife and darling mother. I look forward to catching up with all of them....I look forward to feasting and sharing and laughing...and just sepnding time with my dear old friend.
Day 4: I am grateful for Sam Lewis. For our friendship....that it has stood the test of time...and a few other tests! I am grateful that he is sharing part of his vacation with me. And I am grateful...(in advance!)...for the wonderful time we are sure to have this evening. I love you, Sammy!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment