Day 1:
My 100th post. I can't believe I made it. Well...that's not true. I can believe it. I promised myself that I would see this through.
And I did.
100 Days of Gratitude. And thats is just what they have been. I have acknowledged so many people, places, and things that I am grateful for. People, places, and things that have made me who I am on this very day. I have learned so much about myself. Remembered so many things from my past. And been made aware of all the blessings of my present. I have had so many realizations about this life. This time that I have here. Its all a gift. Every second. Every little thing. Every person, every moment, every breath.
I am grateful for this journey. I am grateful for each and every one of you that traveled it with me. I hope that I have helped at least one person out there to be aware, to be in the moment, to be grateful for what they have.
As I sit here...staring out at this foreign country before me....it makes me think about just how many people there are in this world. How many mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, friends, loved ones, soul mates. I think about how many of us there are....and how many moments, how many chances we are all given each day to express our gratitude. How many blessings. How many sighs of thankfulness are possible in any given second. We are all blessed. Some have more than others. But we must not spend our time feeling guilt over what we have that others don't. Nor must we feel jealousy over what others have that we don't. We must just feel gratitude for what we have. In this moment. In this life. For we all have something...many things to be grateful for.
And I am.
I am grateful.
For all that I have been given. For this moment. For all the moments that have gone before and all that will come. I am grateful for each breath. Each hug. Each kiss. Each smile. Each kind word. Each lesson learned. Each person that has touched my life. Each and every one of you.
100 Day of Gratitude. 100 post and still not even a drop in the water of blessings I have received in my 30 years. This is a lifestyle change. An awareness. A promise to myself to never take anything for granted...and live each day with a grateful spirit, an open mind, and a loving heart.
So, as I sign off....(though there may...just MAY be a "Day 0" for the big 30 tomorrow)...I say this.....
THANK YOU!!! To you...to my family...my friends...to God...to the universe and all its wonder....
Thank you.
This is amazing and so beautiful. Wish I had seen this blog sooner. Happy 30! Grateful for this! :). Emily
ReplyDelete