"And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
Khalil Gibran
Today marks the first day of many that my beloved and I will have to spend apart. For those of you that don't know, Mike is in a band. Check in the Dark. (You can check them out at www.checkinthedarkmusic.com...and you should!) For some time Check has been making music with the lovely Leighton Meester. Its been incredible to watch the journey...from rehearsals to the studio to live shows...watching people live their passions and follow their dreams is a sight to behold. And now...they are about to embark on their first tour together. The excitement is overwhelming. I am so proud of Mike...I'm so proud of all of them and what they have accomplished and will continue to accomplish together. I can't wait to see where this road takes them...
But it does bring its own challenges. You see...as cheesy as it sounds, my boyfriend is my best friend. We spend almost all of our time together and that will have to change. Instead of coming home after work each evening and swapping the stories of our day while sipping wine, laughing, and inventing some new creation for dinner, I'll most likely come home just as he's leaving for rehearsal. What's more is I'll probably be asleep when he gets home from rehearsal. This will be our life for the next month or so leading up to and through the tour dates.
Now...it would be easy to let my heart sink, to be sad and pout-y as we females tend to do from time to time. :-) But that's not the feeling that floods me when I think about this challenge. You know what feeling does?
I'll give you one guess.......
GRATITUDE! Yup! How'd you know?!?
Day 87: I am grateful for the opportunities that are being given to my friends and my "honey." I am grateful for the adventures they are about to embark upon and the experiences they'll get to share. I am grateful that this wonderful music they've been making will get to be shared with so many. And as far as the challenges? I am so very grateful for those too. Yes. I will miss him dearly. But I have been given an opportunity to take this time and focus on myself, on my personal projects, on this blog, on health and fitness, on my home, and so many other things. And when this month is over and we can return more of our time to each other, we will have a strengthened sense of gratitude for one another...and a ton of stories to tell. In addition, it will make the time we do have together this month that much more special. Every morning Mike makes me breakfast (yes...he's that awesome). Since that might be the only time of day we'll get to see each other for a while, we'll appreciate it that much more.
This will make us stronger. This will make us better. And all that while I get to watch the man I love go out and do what he was absolutely born to do. And I am grateful.
To Mike, Eli, Etienne,George, Leighton, and the whole crew....I know you guys will kill it! I'm so proud of you and wish you all the best on every step of this journey. I can't wait to see you in San Fran and Anaheim and even though I can't be with you in the other cities, I'm sending all my love and support.
Oh...also....Shameless plug! Here are the tour cities, dates, and links for tickets. "Check" it out!!

No comments:
Post a Comment