Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 84

"The more light you allow within you, the brighter the world you live in will be."

Shakti Gawain





Day 84: I am grateful for light. From the light and warmth of the sun to these florescents in my office. From the match to the flashlight. The moon and stars. The headlights, streetlights, stoplights, Christmas lights, and even the refrigerator light!

Light enables us to see this beautiful world we've been given. Not only that, it aids us in our everyday activities. We need it to see, to live, to make plants grow and so on! There are other lights, like headlights and stoplights, that are there to help keep us safe. And even more, light is an endless source of beauty. The way light is used to cast shadows in photographs and such. The soft glow of twinkling Christmas lights...I could just sit and stare for hours (and sometimes do). If you're an actor, then you most likely know the warm embrace of a spotlight. A simple night-light can bring ease to the heart of a young child who is scared of the dark. It just goes on and on and on. Take a moment and look at all the sources of light around you right now. 

This particular subject struck me today as I was opening up at work. I unlocked the front door, immediately went to flip the light switch, and thought "thank you light." As I went around the building flipping the rest of the lights on, I couldn't help but laugh to myself. And I thought, that is what we're doing here....by taking a moment to acknowledge the blessings we may normally take for grated, we are flipping a switch within ourselves. We are letting the light in. Every new expression of gratitude we make increases our light. And if we continue to do this, we will shine brighter, bolder, and more beautifully.

Try to take a moment today and recognize light. The many sources that light your exterior world. And your inner light. May it grow stronger every day...and rememebr to share it. Its infectious!





No comments:

Post a Comment