"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."
John Lennon
I almost got really upset with myself for not writing yesterday. But then I remembered what John Lennon said...and the quote above is the perfect explanation for how I spent my Saturday. Cinco De Mayo 2012 had officially become: HapSat.
What is HapSat?! Well...I'll tell you (but try to keep this just between us, ok?) HapSat is a day that happens every so often when you relieve yourself of any Saturday/Weekend responsibilities like laundry, cleaning, groceries, etc.... and just...plain....relax. But a completely indulgent type of relaxation. Its just you, a few close friends (more like family at this point), a TON of board games, card games, bean bag toss, homemade skinny margaritas (it was Cinco De Mayo after all!), dollar poker, music, and an exceptional amount of laughter. That was my HapSat. And it was wonderful.
And I'm ok being a little delayed on this post because I was out there living my life, enjoying great food (Senor Fred's on Ventura! Check it out!), beautiful friends, and the most wonderfully wasted hours. Fun is an understatement. And grateful? Beyond words.
Day 93: I am grateful for the three kindred spirits I spent this special day with...that would be Kathryn Korosi, Jenn Spain, and Michael Frieman (so much more to come about those three in later posts). I am grateful for the beautiful southern California day we were given, for the dancing, the games, the talks. I am so grateful for all the simple pleasures in life.
Go have yourself a HapSat one weekend. You won't regret it. And make it your own. Find your people, your tribe, pick activities that you can really get lost in, and spend an entire day living completely in the moment, filled with love, laughter, and a grateful spirit.

No comments:
Post a Comment