Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 69

"For each new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, for love and friends, For everything Thy goodness sends."

Ralph Waldo Emerson



Day 69: 

So much to be grateful for....everyday....

I am grateful to the farmer worked to bring fresh vegetables and fruits to my table today...
I am grateful to the chicken who laid the eggs for my breakfast...
To the baker who baked my bread... 
For a bed that helped me rest and the roof over my head...
I am grateful to the person who performed the safety inspection on my car that brought me to work safely...
I am grateful for running water, air conditioning, and electricity...
I am grateful for a good job and a kind boss...
I am grateful for incredible friends, a family I can always depend on, and a love that makes my heart sing...
I am grateful for toilet paper, toothpaste, and soap...
I am grateful for advancing technologies that allow me to video chat with distant loved ones...
I am grateful for artists who share their talents with the world...
to check out clerks, waiters, and customer service agents...
I am grateful to strangers who smile at me....

Today, in the Home Depot parking lot, I watched a woman ask a man for the time. He stopped, smiled, and said "It's 1:42." Then they went on their way. As she headed on and was about to pass me, I smiled at her. I was raised in the south and that's just what you do. She smiled back and right as we passed one another, she said "Thank you for smiling at me, dear." I was overjoyed. I turned around and excitedly yelled after her "Of course! Have a wonderful day!" It was such a nice moment. It was a shared moment of kindness between two strangers. We're all in this together. Smile more.  :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment