“There is no sincerer love than the love of food.”
George Bernard Shaw
I love the Food Network. At my house, we go in and out of phases where the Food Network is always on in the background. Whether we're just hanging out, playing board games, whatever....the sounds of the Food Network are often floating through the house. Not just because we love to drool over the amazing creations....but because those amazing creations inspire us in the kitchen.And the kitchen just about my favorite place to be.
I feel like an artist in my kitchen. All of my kitchen gadgets are my paintbrushes and the plate is my canvas (sometimes the stove, the floor or even the wall are too! It can get pretty wild!) But its not just the joy of cooking and creating. Its preparing these dishes for the people I love. Mike and I are in a place in our lives where we have become friends with food. We have educated ourselves on nutrition and what our bodies truly need. A lot of this came as inspiration from my sister, who sends us batches of spectacular health conscious recipes. Whenever I put a meal in front of him that i know is healthy, nutritious, and just what our bodies need...and he still devours it singing its praises...well, its just such a wonderful feeling.
Day 86: I am grateful for the joy I find in my kitchen. I am grateful for the education I have received from my sister regarding health and nutrition. I am grateful to my mother for always letting me help in her kitchen and teaching me how to cook on my own...and always sending me the most wonderful kitchen gadget to play with! I am also grateful that she is just a phone call away whenever I "kitchen questions", which happens a lot! I am grateful for the communion that my love and I find when we cook together, the fun we have learning about, experimenting with, and preparing food together each evening. I am grateful for my kitchen, the heart of the home, and all the magic that I find there.
I feel like an artist in my kitchen. All of my kitchen gadgets are my paintbrushes and the plate is my canvas (sometimes the stove, the floor or even the wall are too! It can get pretty wild!) But its not just the joy of cooking and creating. Its preparing these dishes for the people I love. Mike and I are in a place in our lives where we have become friends with food. We have educated ourselves on nutrition and what our bodies truly need. A lot of this came as inspiration from my sister, who sends us batches of spectacular health conscious recipes. Whenever I put a meal in front of him that i know is healthy, nutritious, and just what our bodies need...and he still devours it singing its praises...well, its just such a wonderful feeling.
Day 86: I am grateful for the joy I find in my kitchen. I am grateful for the education I have received from my sister regarding health and nutrition. I am grateful to my mother for always letting me help in her kitchen and teaching me how to cook on my own...and always sending me the most wonderful kitchen gadget to play with! I am also grateful that she is just a phone call away whenever I "kitchen questions", which happens a lot! I am grateful for the communion that my love and I find when we cook together, the fun we have learning about, experimenting with, and preparing food together each evening. I am grateful for my kitchen, the heart of the home, and all the magic that I find there.
No comments:
Post a Comment