Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 71


“If I had my life to live over again, I’d be a plumber.”

Albert Einstein







Today's post is very simple and straight forward. And also one of the most sincerest expressions of gratitude in my journey so far. No joke. 


Day 71: I am so so so grateful to Reggie the plumber. So so grateful. 


Our shower has been clogged for a few days and we were just waiting until the next trip to the store to get some Drain-o. Mike, who was leaving for his tour this morning (have fun honey!!) took a shower and when he was done, he noticed that not only was the shower not draining...now it was pushing water, dirt, and crud back up into the tub. Yeah. Nasty. I went to inspect, saw the shower, and found that the toilet was releasing air. And it wouldn't' flush. So our tub is regurgitating, our toilet is burping, and my fella who always handles this type of stuff is leaving. But before he left, being the wonderful man he is, he called the landlord, coordinated with him and the plumber and took care of everything. Then I just had to wait.


And then came Reggie. I won't go too far into detail of the horrific hours that followed....but he did have to move the toilet off the ground to get the rooter in and more than once I heard the poor man gag behind the closed bathroom door. When he was done, he asked me for some paper towels and 409. Then he proceeded to clean my bathroom. Above and beyond. He was wonderful. 


He came out on a Sunday...on a holiday weekend...and made all of my bathroom problems disappear. And seeing as we only have one bathroom, this was an emergency. There are so many people in this world with so many different skills...and we all help each other out. From plumbers to pharmacists, and everything in between. So many people with so many abilities...all of which, I do not possess. We must share our talents, we must help one another. It makes the world go round. 


Thank you Reggie!! You saved the day. I am truly grateful.







No comments:

Post a Comment