Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 51

"There are not enough days in the weekend."


Rob Schmidt






Day 51: I am grateful for this glorious, glorious weekend!! Time that is mine...to do with as I please. Two days to relax or play, to do house work, yard work, watch TV, visit friends, work on personal projects, go to the beach, workout, or...as the case may be....sit around a very late breakfast while watching Back To The Future II with my fabulous roommates. 


However, sometimes you weekends are already spoken for. The past several weekends, I have been on the go. Don't get me wrong, it was wonderful! There were trips to San Fran and San Diego. There were concerts, dinner parties. It was a blast. And I am so grateful for each of those experiences. But today, when I woke up before my alarm, I could feel it. The weight of the past few months. I had a headache, a stuffy nose, and really felt like I was coming down with something. So this sleepy-eyed Sue, as I realized that I had absolutely nothing to do this weekend, rolled over and went right back to sleep! 


Of course, if you know me, I can't sit still. Its hard enough to get me to sit down long enough to watch a movie, much less relax for a whole weekend. So, the minute I (re)woke up, I thought of all the things I could get done this weekend. First, a bit of rest, maybe some vitamin C, and some couch time with my honey. Then I want to go enjoy this day. Go run my errands, clean my house (yes, those things are fun for me), hang out with my honey and enjoy the time just being at home. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend as well. Enjoy your time. And do with it what YOU please! 





No comments:

Post a Comment