Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 59

"Find peace in the morning rush and you will have a good day."

Mike Dolan



Day 59: I am grateful for getting to work safely and on time today. Simple as that.

So many mornings I feel like I'm on auto-pilot. Out of bed, get dressed, coffee, breakfast, kiss goodbye, in the car, zone in to my morning radio show, and before I know it, pull up to work, so on and so on.... So many things happen between opening my eyes and opening up the office. From the alarm clock going off to the car starting, food in the pantry, traffic lights, COFFEE, and even having a job to go to. 

I am so grateful that each morning all of these things fall in to place. Yes, some mornings are better than others. Some mornings there is no coffee and some mornings there is terrible traffic, but these little hiccups are bound to happen. After all is said and done, I'm here. I'm safe. And I am at the beginning of another day that I need to strive to make the most of. 

What I'd like to challenge myself (and anyone else that wants to join me) to do, is be more aware of these gifts. Be more present in this morning journey. Turn off auto-pilot and actively participate in the 1-2 hours that get me from sleep to work. Maybe its as simple as getting up 15 minutes earlier and taking in the day before the routine begins? Maybe it would mean taking a quick second to vocalize my gratitude for each of these tiny wonders that get me from point A to point B? Either way, I'd like to make more of this time. And I know that I can....I just need to "open my eyes" as soon as I open my eyes.  :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment