Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 64

"I left my heart.....in San Francisco...."

George Cory and Douglass Cross (via Tony Bennett)

Continuing my journey of gratitude for the wonder that was my San Fran weekend, I wanted to take a look at the whole reason I went there!! The show!!  

Day 64:   I am grateful to my love for inviting me to share this experience with him in San Francisco. Grateful that I had the means to take the trip, to Slim's for having the LMCITD crew at their venue, and to all the fans for showing up and being so incredibly supportive. It was an absolute joy to see their reaction and so incredibly wonderful and strange to hear everyone screaming their lungs out for these people that I love so dearly.

 My dear Mary backstage at Slim's. The walls were covered with posters of acts that have played there. Mary was in heaven!
 Mike and the lovely and talented Dana Williams singing "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. It was beautiful. "Home is wherever I'm with you" made me tear up because I was finally home with my love again.
 Backstage with my honey between sets. He rocked so hard, he broke a string...twice!
Check In The Dark rocking their set. So glad Mary finally got to see the band....she finally knows what all the fuss was about!
 Side view of Check's set. What you can't see is that right below the frame, Etienne's son Logan is leaning up against the edge of the stage watching his Daddy play. It was beautiful.
A quick break between sets with my girl.  Man, I love this lady!!!
 Then came Leighton's set. She sounded amazing, Check sounded amazing, and the crowd loved every second of it. So happy to be there for this.
 Just a small view of the crowd. We were pretty close to the front and the people stretched all the way to the back and up into the balcony. 
 I just really like this shot. I wish it was a little wider so we could see the whole band, but I know that Etienne is right out of the frame rocking his heart out!
 Waiting for Mike after the show. They did a meet and greet for the fans. It was wild to watch as everyone lined up for autographs and pictures.
 While the band did the meet and greet, Mary and I got a little silly and just started taking pictures of ourselves. There are actually many more than I've added here. My goal is to make them in to the ultimate flip-book.
 Pondering...
 Serious...
And completely slap happy....

This night evoked a lot of emotions....I felt joyful,  proud, overwhelmed, nostalgic....but mostly just incredibly....
grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment