"Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every
little absence is an age."
John Dryden
I am bubbling over with energy and excitement today. This afternoon I will be jumping on a plane and heading to San Fransisco to see my love. Mike has been on tour. He's only been gone for 6 days, but when we spoke last night we both said that it felt more like a month! So much has happened. And for two people who normally spend all of their time together, 6 days can feel like an eternity. We haven't had too much time to talk or catch up. I'm at work all day, and then when I get done, he's usually heading in to sound check. Of course, after the show is over, I'm usually asleep. It hasn't been easy...but its never easy to be away from the person you love most in the world. But I get to see him today! And I can't wait.
Its more than just seeing him....its seeing the show tonight. They have been so well received in the cities they've been to and everyone is having the time of their lives. I can't wait to witness it. The energy, the crowd, the music. Not to mention, I get to see my friend Mary. I've mentioned her here before. One of my absolute favorite humans. She is a proud member of the CHM and I'm pretty sure you could bottle pure joy from her presence. Mary and I clicked the minute we met and have been falling deeper into friend-love ever since. The band has a day off in San Fransisco after the show tonight and Mary is going to show us her beloved city. I've been once, but didn't get to see very much at all. This trip is so many wonderful things rolled in to one. I get to see my honey, spend time with my Mary, see their amazing show, and really explore a wonderful city for the first time. I am so looking forward to it. 2:00 can't come fast enough.
So much joy. So much to be grateful for....Let's just list em off!!
Day 66:
I am grateful for this day, for the sunshine in the sky.
I am grateful to my boss for letting me leave early....whoo hoo!!
I am grateful to my dear Kat who agreed to watch Brando while I'm gone.
To the pilot, flight attendants, & engineers who will service, prepare, & fly our plane safely to San Fransisco!
I am so grateful to Mary for taking us in and showing us her city and for the wonderful friendship we have.
I am grateful to the lovely Leighton Meester for the opportunities and doors she has opened for my friends and to the crowds and the cities they've played thus far for all the love and support they've shown.
I am grateful to Mike, my love, for inviting me to come meet him in San Fransisco. And I am grateful that the world is finally getting to see everything he is capable of. Finally seeing the talent I've been lucky enough to witness grow and develop for the last decade. And I am so grateful that wonderful man loves me as much as I love him.
I'm coming honey! I'll be there so soon!
(Mike and Mary at C12 - can't wait to see those faces!!)


No comments:
Post a Comment