"Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home."
There are days that I come home from work, walk through the door, and immediately get sad. Sad because there are dishes in the sink, dog hair on the floor, dirty clothes, windows, tables, etc... I walk in to my home and just see all the work that needs to be done. It doesn't happen every day, but it does happen from time to time. More often than I'd like. So, I've been trying to work on that....looking at it in a different way.
When I see the dishes in the sink I say....
I am grateful to even have a sink for these dishes to go in. I am grateful for the meal that was served on them, for the nourishment, and the time spent with my loved ones while we shared that meal together.
When I see the dog hair all over the floor I say....
I am grateful to even have a floor to sweep. I am grateful for that crazy, wonderful dog. For all the laughs and love he provides.
When I see the clothes I say...
I am grateful to have clothes to put on my back. Grateful for the washing machine and dryer that make this process so much easier.
And as I wipe down the coffee table (my nemesis) and the mantle and the windows I think of all the wonderful times that have been spent within these walls. This is my home. Not forever...who knows how much longer...but right now this is my home. And it is filled beautiful memories, special tokens and mementos...it has hosted wonderful gatherings, dinners, long talks, Dance Nights, and so much more.
I still may get frustrated with the dirt from time to time...but dirt happens. Life gets messy. But arm me with Simple Green and a few rags....and I can spruce it right up just in time for the next wave to hit.
Day 40: I am grateful for my home. For the protection it provides. For the memories it holds. For each and every inch.
Although tonight....when I get home...I will still be a little sad. Because my honey went to NY and my Kat went to Georgia. They are what make home "home". Miss you and love you both!! Now someone hand me the Simple Green!! Mwahahahaaa!
Although tonight....when I get home...I will still be a little sad. Because my honey went to NY and my Kat went to Georgia. They are what make home "home". Miss you and love you both!! Now someone hand me the Simple Green!! Mwahahahaaa!

No comments:
Post a Comment