“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
Howard Thurman
Day 52: I am grateful for YOU. Yes, you. Specifically. Reading this right now. Not just the general group of your that read this blog. I'm trying to reach further than that today. To the individual. To you.
I may know you personally. I may not. You could be my best friend, my Mom or Dad, my boyfriend, someone I met in passing once, or a complete stranger, someone that just stumbled upon this page. I am grateful for you. That you exist in this world.
Why? And this I really want you to take in as if I am talking to you directly....because I am. To you. Right now......
I am grateful for you because you bring something to this world that no on else can. You are a unique individual. You have specific talents, your own mind, your own heart, your own thoughts and feeling and views on the world that rolled all together make the one and only you. Never to be copied or duplicated. Isn't that incredible? I think we forget that sometimes. The world goes back and forth from saying everyone is special to no one is special. We ourselves go in and out of that mentality as we grow and change. But we have to try and remember that we are the only one of our kind. We have to embrace it and express it.
So often we are afraid of the things that make us different. I know I am. I've let the fear of judgement keep me quiet in certain situations or discussions. Trying to avoid confrontation. I've done it so much, stayed so quiet, that I think I've lost touch of a little of myself. Lost touch with my views, beliefs, passions. I've let myself fade a bit into neutral.
Life is short and there is no time for neutral. Embrace what makes you unique. Stand up for what you believe in. Be, fully, the one and only you to ever walk this earth. I am grateful for what you have inside you, for what you bring to the table. So...if you're like me and have been living in neutral....
It's time to come alive.

No comments:
Post a Comment