"But I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
U2
(I couldn't help myself!)
I have been without artistic inspiration for some time now. I don't really know how to describe it. There hasn't been anything driving me, nothing that I am dying to throw myself in to. Many people said, just start a project and the rest will follow! I tried a few things, but if your heart is not in it, that's not something you can force. So, I decided to cut myself some slack and open my heart...let it come to me. With a little help of course...read a few new plays...research a few theaters...learn a new song on the ukulele...little steps toward something, even if I didn't know what that something was. Spoiler Alert! I have not found it yet. Whatever it is I'm looking for. And I'm ok with that. I don't doubt I will find my artistic voice again. I will find my place in that world I loved so dearly. In the meantime, I have been working on other areas of my life. I've been focusing on my health, my finances, and my relationships. All of these areas are flourishing and I am so grateful for that. However, there are days that I long for an artistic outlet, I search myself to find the passion that was once so readily available to me. Today was one of those days. I felt very down. The artistic void right in my middle seemed to be crying out. So, when I sat down to write this post....that was all I could think about. The lack. The void. The empty space. So, I asked myself....how can your turn this around? How can you focus on what you do have and be grateful for it? And then it came to me. I have so many wonderful friends in my life that are living their passions. They have a strong and active drive towards their dreams and are acting them out, living them fully, giving it all they've got. And they are truly an inspiration. I may still be figuring out what I want, but watching people that know what they want and are fighting for is a great inspiration. These people are setting such great examples that, when I do find whatever I'm looking for, I will know how to go after it.
I want to share their efforts with you. I've listed several of them below. Please support local artists. Support your friends. Support their dreams. Find inspiration in others. Find your own passion. And fight for it.
Day 55: I am grateful to all of the following artists (and everyone out there doing the same) for setting a great example of what it means to follow your dreams.
Check them out!!!
Of course there is Check In The Dark! Find them on iTunes, Spotify, and now Pandora!
The incredible Tyler Hanes! Words cannot express how talented this man is! Currently on tour with Kristin Chenoweth!
The wonderful Jamie and Kelley Chura! Call them for headshots, engagement/wedding photos, events, anything!!
But wait! There's more! You can also check out Jamie Chura's music!!
The very talented Cory Benjamin!! Check him out on iTunes and Youtube!!
The stunning Kate Bergeron!! Actress/singer extraordinaire! HIRE HER!
Sonia Koschoreck and Debby Crooks and Total Knockout Boxing Hand Wraps! Website in development and coming soon!
The very talented Tom and Jenn Korbee!
My dear sweet college roommate, Tiffany Haas! Currently touring as Glinda the Good Witch in Wicked! Dreams do come true!
There are so many more! I could go on and on! I did not intentionally leave anyone out...and if you want me to share your work on the blog, please let me know! I am more than happy to celebrate all of my friends successes!











No comments:
Post a Comment