"The journey is the reward."
Chinese Proverb
For
those of you that follow the blog daily, I'm sure you noticed that I am
still catching up on several days since I went to San Francisco. I've
only ever gotten behind by one day before and suddenly found myself
behind by 4! But you know what? I'm not upset about it one tiny bit. And
why? Because I have been on a wonderful journey. The
last few posts showed you part of it in pictures. And I'd like to do
that one more time. I know it may seem like an easy way to catch up on
posts...but honestly, it is the best way to share where I have been
and is a visual representation of all the things I was and am grateful
for on this amazing journey. I promise to get back to more in depth essays when I catch up. But we must go out and live our lives!! That way we have much more to write about!
On
Monday night, June 4th, Check In The Dark played their final stop on
the tour with Leighton Meester. It was at the House of Blues in
Anaheim....and it was something to behold. We got there early and the
hour before the show was simply incredible. Every time I turned around
another person that I love was walking through the door. All of our
friends from work, back home, down south, CHM, all over, were there to
show their support. It was overwhelming. I know it meant the world to
Mike and it meant the world to me to see all those faces there cheering
him on.
Day
63: I am so very grateful to all of our friends for showing up,
supporting, and screaming their faces off at the final stop of this
whirl-wind tour. To Mike, Eli, Etienne, George, and Leighton for putting
on an incredible show. To Shahine and Josh for all their hard work. And
to all of these elements coming together to fill the hearts and faces
of everyone there with so much joy. They went out with a bang. But then
again...this is just the beginning. And I am so grateful.
Such a joy to have our dear friend Adam Weimer there. He had to catch a flight to go back to Singapore the next morning. He was supposed to leave that morning, but that wonderful man had his flight changed to be here with us. With so much changing all the time, you really have to cherish the times when you do get the gang back together!So grateful to be able to share the evening with my dear sweet Kat. She's been there all along. Letting me chew her ear off about missing Mike while he was away on tour. Longest week ever and I wouldn't have gotten through it without her.
And then there was the show.....Holy Cow! When Dana came out on stage and sang her first few phrases, Kat immediately turned to me and said "Oh man, she's amazing. I can already tell!" And she is. The photo is Mike and Dana singing "Home."
Love this shot. CITD from the very back. The place was packed, the lights were great...and they absolutely killed it!
You know how iPhones are....try to zoom in too much and it gets really grainy. but I had to try. I just really wanted to get a shot of Mike underneath the HOB sign.
Don't they look great in red? :-)
They brought the house down with several of my favorites. Shake into Shuffle and then Ruthless.
I am so grateful to have known this band from the very beginning. Mike was my roommate when they all joined forces. I was there at their first concert and throughout the past 6 years, I have only missed about 5 shows. Once when I was home in GA for Christmas, one when I was sick, and the rest only when they were on tour. Of all the many, many CITD shows I've seen....this one was by far the best ever. No joke. Everyone was dead on. It was breath-taking.
It has been such an honor to watch this band grow and develop and so
incredible to witness them reach such a spectacular height that night.
Leighton and Mike performing The Stand In. It still makes me giggle when the crowd starts screaming when he starts his verse. Some dear friends we've met on this great journey. There at one of the first gigs at Hotel Cafe over a year ago....and have been showing support and love ever since.
Group shot outside after the show. This is just a fraction of the gang. Wish we could've snapped one with all of them....but just so grateful they were there.
We ended the night at a local bar celebrating the tour, the music, the love....and of course Mike's Birthday! At midnight, we all sang Happy Birthday and celebrated well into the evening. The group picture is such a wonderful way to remember the night, the tour, and envision all the wonderful times to come. Thank you to everyone who was there.
LOVE!














No comments:
Post a Comment