"Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
Mark Twain
I have made some mistakes in my life. I've said things I shouldn't have, broken promises, hurt people. This is not the norm, of course, not what I strive for....but it happens. To all of us. We slip up sometimes. We lose sight of what's important.
The gift of forgiveness is one of the greatest gift you can give. To let go of the hurt of the anger and just forgive. We've all been given this gift...many times...on many occasions...in many forms.
But its not just wonderful on the receiving end. It is great to be the one who is forgiving as well. As mentioned above....letting go of the hurt or the anger. Giving someone another chance. It cleanses the soul. A weight off your shoulders. A new start for everyone.
Day 12: I am grateful for every act of forgiveness. For the love that replaced anger. For the mistakes I've made that were forgiven and hopefully in some cases forgotten. For the lessons I've learned from those that can't be forgotten. And for the lightness I feel from letting go and forgiving myself.
"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you."
Lewis B. Smedes

No comments:
Post a Comment