Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 36

"For what is your friend that you should seek him with hours to kill?
Seek him always with hours to live.
For it is his to fill your need, but not your emptiness.
And in the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures.
For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed." 

Khalil Gibran

Day 36: I am grateful for my Chicago trip. For the friends that I shared it with. For Mary, Bogey, Dave, Tessa, Ben, EJ and so many others. For the new friends I made. For the music, the sun, the weather. For the experiences that I will carry with me.


Below is just a fraction of the joy we all experienced. I am so happy to share it with you....
 

Right when we all arrived at Dave's place!!
Let the fun begin!!











One of the best parts of the trip. My dear Megan (Mike's sister and my sweet friend) and her wonderful husband Justin drove down from Kenosha to visit while I was in town. We haven't seen each other in a year. It was so special to me that they came. I wish we could've had more time, but I'll take whatever I can get. I love you Megs!!!



Our first view of the festival....still figuring things out! But then.....












YUP! We were VIP. Watched the whole thing in front of thousands of people. My ears were ringing, but it was worth it!!









Sultan and Ned....up close and personal. Best set of the weekend for me. They were incredible!! And so very grateful to their audience.














Oh yeah! THEN we got backstage!!!





And got to MEET Sultan and Ned!! 





It was a weekend filled with gorgeous views....












 




 ...amazing friends........






(I think this may be one of my favorite couples of all time)










 ....and NEW friends!!! This is EJ. A great new addition to the CHM crew!





Did I mention the sunsets were spectacular?











The Chicago skyline from the water.



Romper Sunday with one of my favorite ladies of all time!!!




AND....the Married With Children Fountain! Come on...you know you'd flip out too!




Prydz at Sunset.




And our bottle service came with sparklers!

 I feel like I could keep posting pictures all day....but that would be a little absurd. I'm sure a facebook album will follow in the weeks to come, but I just had to share this incredible experience with all of you. Vacations are wonderful....but this one was special. I will always hold it very near and dear....and I will never forget the times I shared with these people. 



There was a moment when we were all standing on the beach backstage and Dave looked at our group, leaned over to me, and said.... "I'm so glad we're all family." 

Me too, Dave. Me too.


That's it!! I love you, Chicago! Let's do this again sometime!!










OH WAIT!!!! How could I forget!!!














DEEP DISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment