Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 13

"Oh, Mexico
It sounds so sweet with the sun sinking low
Moon's so bright like to light up the night
Make everything all right."
James Taylor



To all of you that kept the secret. That kept your lips sealed for so long. To all of you that fueled the excitement without giving anything away.....Thank you!!!

And you can breathe now....because I know!!! I KNOW!!!

Mike Frieman...the most wonderful boyfriend in all of the world....is taking me on an all-inclusive 9 day get-a-way to Cancun, Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Ok....now I am a little afraid that this post will come off as braggy or boastful....but I can't help myself!!! Please know that it all comes from a place of sincere and extreme gratitude!

I knew he was taking me on a trip for my 30th birthday. I knew we were going to be gone for 9 days. I never tried to dig or find out more because I love surprises! A few things crossed my mind, but I tried not to dwell or think on it too much. But this?!? I had NO idea and I can't believe it!!

This man of mine.....he is making several of my dreams come true all at once. I have never been out of the country. I have a passport but there are no stamps in it. I've also always dreamed of going to an all-inclusive resort. My parents went to one for an anniversary and they just raved about it. My Dad said..."You go into a restaurant, sit down, eat...then get up and leave! It's amazing!" Its always hung around in the back of my mind as the most relaxing way to take a vacation. To worries. Just fun. Even the activities are included! We can kayak, snorkel, paddle boat....all for free! So...he's giving me a stamp in my passport, taking me on my dream vacation....and most important....it gets to be just the two of us for 9 beautiful days. No worries, no work, no dog, no house, just us. Just me and the love of my life. Dreams. Coming. True. He even spoke to my boss ahead of time to make sure he would give me the days off. He took care of everything.

I am floored. I can't believe that he did this for me. I just cannot believe it. I know it was expensive...but its not just that. He knows that I don't need fancy things or extravagant vacations....he knows that. (He could've taken me to Six Flags, Magic Mountain up the street and I would've been pleased as punch as long as we were together) But he did it anyway. Mike said...."I know I don't need to do this for you....but I want to." Swoon all over again, right?! My sister said it best. She said it's like two gifts in one. First there is the vacation itself....Second is just knowing....knowing that he put so much thought into it, the planning, the secrecy. Knowing he did all that for me....I am just beside myself. I mean...he booked it back in February and has had to keep it quiet since then. And if you know me...you know that I am not an easy person to surprise. But he did. Boy, did he! 

I couldn't stop crying when I found out. We went to the website and he showed me all of the things that were included, the restaurants, bars, shows, activities. He said he was relieved that it was out in the open now. No more hiding...and now...we get to be exited together!! Its all we can talk about. It will be hard to get through the next 11 days....but knowing now...I'm sure the excitement will carry us through.

A new age, a new era, a new country, new experiences....and one wonderful, loving, exceptional man. 

If I have to turn 30 on a Monday...at least it'll be in CANCUN!!!! AAAGHHHHH!!!!!!

Day 13: GRATEFUL!! I am so grateful to my love for this 30th birthday trip. For the thoughtfulness, the planning, and the successful surprise. You have made me feel so special. I am grateful that we will both get to share this first-time-experience together. I am grateful beyond measure that it will be just the two of us. For the conversations we'll get to have, the sights we'll get to see, the time we will get to share. 


Mike,

There are no words to truly express my gratitude. Not just for this trip and this time together...but for every day I get to share with you. For the way you love me, the way you make me feel so special. I cannot wait to run away to Mexico with you!!!!!

I love you with everything I am. xoxXOoxOXOOXxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment