“That's the thing with magic. You've got to know it's still here, all around us, or it just stays invisible for you."
Charles de Lint
Sunday, we went to The OC Fair. We were really heading down there to see a Young The Giant concert that we've had tickets to for ages....in fact, we had forgotten that we even had these tickets until just last week. Nice Surprise! I love it when that happens! But the tickets came with free entry to the fair itself. So, we headed over early to check out the festivities.
I love fairs. Always have. There is something so romantic about them. The lights, the sounds, the smells. And we had a sensational time. The concert was fantastic, I won a stuffed animal...and also a panda for my dear friend Panda! I rode a ride, had some chocolate covered bacon, the whole shebang!
Of course...its not quite the same as it was when I was a kid. This time.....
I hurt my neck on the G-Force ride....I spent an arm and a leg on wining those animals, beer, food, etc....and no one really needs to eat chocolate covered bacon, people.
Of course, it was still magical....but it made me realize and appreciate just how much magic it held when I was a child. And it made me look forward to being able to share that magic with my children one day. Like Christmas morning, you know? There's a time in your life where that magic fades....but not to worry. Its never gone forever...because if you're lucky, you'll get to go from the receiving end....to the giving end. And I can't wait for that part.
No comments:
Post a Comment