"In my opinion the best thing you can you do is find a person who loves
you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty,
handsome, what have you, the right person will still think the sun
shines out of your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking
with."
Juno (2007)
July 19th, 2000. 12 years ago to the day. That was the first time I laid eyes on Michael David Frieman.
Now...I am not a crazy person. I don't document the date of the first time I meet people and I didn't remember this one just because I happened to love the man. (That didn't happen until later.) But the universe knew it was important! Last time I was home, I was looking through some old boxes and found a ticket stub. It was for CCM's Hot Summer Nights production of A Chorus Line. Mike was in that production. I remember him. I can see the image, his hair, his costume...albeit fuzzy...something in my mind held on to it. I ended up framing that ticket and giving it to him for some occassion last year. He was the one that reminded me last night.
"You know what tomorrow is?"
"What?" I said.
"It's an anniversary."
(Susan gives worried puzzled look not believing she would actually forget an anniversary!)
He then referenced the framed ticket and you know I swooned! :-)
Since that day, oh so long ago in July of 2000....Geeze Louise...Mike and I have been on quite a roller coaster. We've been in each others lives and out of each others lives. We've been up and down and left and right and all over the place. If I tried to tell you our entire story....I would need to write a book. And I just may someday. I just may put the crazy, dramatic, sad, frustrating, scary...and ridiculously romantic love story down on paper someday. But...that's another project.
On the 12th anniversary of the day that man came in to my life, the day he "entered my movie", I want to tell you just how grateful I am for where we are today.
I don't know where to start. How do you even begin to express your gratitude for the most important person in your life?
Mike is my partner....in everything. He has made me a better person. He never lets me settle. He challenges me to think about things, see things in a new way. He has taught me balance. He has helped me deal with my worry, my fear, my "crazy"....but he has never tried to change me. He accepts me for exactly who I am.
Our life together has been full of adventure. I feel like anything could happen at any minute. But we always seem to be on the same page somehow. Our energies just sync up. Whether its going out or staying home, doing this or doing that...we just seem to agree. And we take care of each other. We are mindful of each others needs and wants. Its a relationship built with respect, admiration, and so much love I could just burst thinking about it. But it is all...all of that...piled on top of the strongest foundation there is....friendship. A 10 year friendship that has stood the test of time and prepared us for anything we might face.
Even when we fight....we both know...that there is no one in the world that we'd rather fight with. No one in the world that could drive us that crazy and we still want to stick around! But you know what? We don't fight so much these days. We've been in this total groove where we really seem to be aware of just how lucky we are to have found each other, to be together, to share our lives with our best friend.
I am my best self when I am with him. And he is my favorite human on the planet.
Day 18: I am grateful...insanely grateful....for Mike Frieman. I am grateful that I have found my partner in this life. For each and every day we get to share together. For all the history we have. For all the ways we have both grown over these past few years. For the future we have...whatever it is...it doesn't matter as long as we're together.
Hons,
Thank you.
Thank you for making all this a reality....for your courage.
Thank you for always making me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world...even when I'm gross. ;-)
Thank you for always making me breakfast...and for being the best sous-chef any lady could ever ask for.
Thank you for taking the time to learn how to deal with my emotions...I know I can be a handful sometimes.
Thank you for always being willing to go on "adwentures" with me.
For drunken lovey voice-mails from far away.
For always kissing me goodnight.
For always getting up early to go to the Farmer's Market with me.
For teaching me the way of the Green Bay Packers and for opening your heart to the Dawgs.
For your patience, your honesty, your ease.
Thank you for every game of Five Crowns...and Sorry...and Cribbage...and...etc...
Thank you for "HUY" and "Honses"
Thank you for setting the coffee maker all those times...
and straightening up the house...you really know how to make me smile!
Thank you for filling my life with music...thank you for our soundtrack
Thank you for always being there, for loving me so completely.
For being my constant.
Thank you for always being your self with me....your complete and total self. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you for who you are, who you've been, and who you want to be...I love you for you, for everything you are.
Thank you for making me happy. So so very happy. You're really good at it. :-) I still have to pinch myself sometimes.
And thank you....for letting me make you happy.It is my greatest joy.
It all started 12 years ago today. Can you believe it? How far we've come? Where we've been in between? And it just keeps getting better and better with every day. We're in for a wild and wonderful ride....Because you never know where life might lead. Every day is a new adventure. Every morning is like standing on the edge of a cliff and you're about to jump. Its terrifying at times. But then...I look next to me, to the man standing beside me, holding my hand...and the fear melts away into joy, excitement, possibility....and I can't wait to jump.
xoXOxoOxOxOxoXOXOOxoOx
"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach
for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our
minds.
That’s what I hope to give you forever."
And also....this....
"Riding backwards on a pig baby monkey!!"

No comments:
Post a Comment