"A
good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the
future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world."
Lois Wyse
(The picture was just too perfect. Don't hate!)
Tonight I spent an evening with my family...my core unit...the friends I have known and kept the longest. I've written about them here before, so you may recognize the names. It my Kat and Tyler. My best friends. My brother and sister. My soul-mates.
We have known each other now for 16 years. Holy cow. These two have known me more than half of my life. What's hysterical is...when we get together...its just like we're 14 again. We are absurd. We can still crack each other up with the stupidest jokes. We laugh and play and talk and share. We listen to each others problems, give advice, vent, anything and everything that is needed at that time....we are there for each other. Its always been that way. And I am certain it will always be that way.
We have lived all over the country. At one point we were spread out from New York to Chicago to Los Angeles. It just so happens that at this moment in time...we all live in LA. For the first time in our adult lives we actually live in the same city. Now...who knows how long that will last? It could change at any time...but that doesn't concern me. We've done it before. With these two, I know that no matter where life takes us....they are always with me. Always there when I need them...to lend an ear, to laugh, to keep me in check.
We are all unique individuals...and we all have our own unique relationships with each other...but when the three of us get together...we take on a very specific energy, a force to be reckoned with, a unit that exists on its own plane of reality. When we are together, we are in our world. And it is a beautiful place. Of course we fight...we bicker....we tip-toe around each other from time to time....but it never takes too much more than a glance and a hug to set things straight.
I am so lucky to know that from here...until death do us part...they are mine and I am theirs. No time or space or circumstance can tear us apart. We will never be shaken.
Day 19: I am eternally grateful for my two best friends, my loves, my puzzle pieces. Oh, how well we fit together...because Lord knows we don't fit like this with anyone else!! I am grateful for the friendship we have had and will have...for always. For all the inside jokes, driveway sessions, sleep-overs, and phone calls. I am grateful for tonight. For the time we had to just check in with each other. For the laughs. For the love.
You two are so very....CRUNK! I love you....like a love song....so call me maybe? The end. xo
"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(Preach Ralph!)
One more little side note: I am incredibly grateful to my dear friend Sonia for being so very understanding. I had to cancel our plans tonight since this was the only night that Tyler, Kat, and I had before Ty left town for 5 weeks. I really appreciate your understanding and support....and I will make it up to you with THE most awesome dance night next week!! I love you so much. Thank you Thank you Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment