"30 DAYS UNTIL I'M 30!!!"
ME - I said that!
30 days until I'm 30....And I couldn't be more excited. I am overwhelmed with gratitude today as I look around at the life I am so blessed to have. I look at the people in my life... My family, my friends....and I am blown away that I get to call them mine. They continually inspire me, support me, and challenge me. Even when we bicker, argue, or flat out fight...there are no other people I'd rather fight with. And doesn't that show you that care? Care enough to hash something out rather than walking away? The people you love the most are usually the people that can drive you up the wall the fastest. Ah, the wonders of life!
For me, these people are the most important thing in my life. I would give up any possession, any job, any thing on this earth for the people that I love. Its all about human connection. That's what makes life worth it. What makes the world go round.
It all comes down to Love.
I think...or at least I hope...that I've made that clear throughout this blog. For a long time I thought that it was all about finding romantic love. Finding your soulmate. I studied and read about the subject...I think I mentioned before that my diary growing up was not a diary, but rather a collection of love quotes. It think it was me trying to put together the pieces. Trying to figure out what "love" was. Solve the great mystery. But as I grew and changed and learned....I realized that it is really just human connection in its purest form. The love we have for each other...our soulmates, our families, our neighbors, our children...the people in our lives...the love we have...that is what makes life sparkle. That's where the magic comes from. And we can have it everyday. With anyone. Showing kindness to a stranger is an act of love. Helping a co-worker...act of love.
Don't miss out on these things. These moments of human connection. When you hold the hand of your partner, really feel the energy passing between you. When you hug someone as a greeting or a farewell, really embrace them. Listen when people speak...and share yourself honestly when you speak. Build your relationships, nurture them and help them grow.
I know it may sound cheesy...but it's much harder to have a bad day when you strive to be an example of love to everyone around you.
Day 30: I am grateful for true human connection. For each and every person in my life that has opened their heart to me. That has been there for me and let me be there for them. For the memories we have and the future we'll make.
AND....I am grateful for the next 30 days!! I can't wait to see where they'll take me. Get ready 30...I'm coming for ya!

No comments:
Post a Comment