Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 33

We learned in church growing up that...instead of being "proud"....we should be "grateful." That stuck with my Father. And, in turn, stuck with me.

Pride is representative of oneself. 

Gratitude is acknowledging blessings and being appreciative of what you have received.

Day 33:  I am grateful to be an American. I am grateful for those that went before, those who fought for freedom.

I think this country is in a very critical time. There are so many people trying to push their beliefs and views on everyone else...so many people that forgot that this country is supposed to stand for FREEDOM. Freedom of speech. Freedom of religion. Freedom! Let's try to rememebr that this 4th of July. We are all so different...but we can all live together in peace.

SO! Semantics aside....Whether you're "proud" or "grateful" or both....this one will give you chills every time. It does for me. Always has...always will. If you haven't listened in a while...just take a minute.

Have a very happy and safe 4th of July everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment