"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart."
William Wordsworth
Free-write Day!!
Day 34: I AM GRATEFUL!!!
I am grateful for my sister and her kind text this week. She doesn't know that I received her message at the exact moment I needed it most. I miss her so much and can't wait to see her face. I am grateful for my cell phone...it keeps me connected to her even though we are 2,673 miles away from each other. I am grateful for Google Maps for providing me with that info!
I am grateful for the incredible support of my friends who are always there in times of need. Who are always there in times of play. In times of deep thought...or in times of silliness. They are just always there.
I am grateful for the love of my family. For each and every time they call to check in. For their letters and packages in the mail that can make even the greyest day brighter than the sun.
I am grateful for Social Media!! Yeah! I said it! And you know YOU are too! I am grateful to have such immediate access to photos and videos of people I love. To be able to share my life with loved ones far away. To be able to keep in touch or get back in touch with old friends. I am grateful for the ability it gives me to see all my friends' babies being born all over the country! Of course social media has its cons and absolutely drives me crazy at times...but this blog isn't called 100 Days of Pros and Cons!
I am grateful for water, air, light, sound....for birds and trees and all things that Mother Nature shares with us.
I am grateful for air conditioning, heat, electricity, plumbing, and automatic car door locks and windows!
I am grateful to have known so many types of love.
I am grateful for my past...and for whatever future I may be lucky enough to have.
I am grateful for this blog and the way it has opened my eyes and my heart to the world.
I am grateful for you.

No comments:
Post a Comment