I went to the local farmer's market Sunday morning to get our groceries for the week. Now...usually when I write, I find the quote for the top of the post last. But Sunday, as I perused the local fruits, veggies, and other goodies....the quote came to me....
"When eating bamboo sprouts, remember the man who planted them."Chinese proverb
I go to this farmer's market every week. I enjoy the fruits of their labor every week. I am very grateful for their work, for the nourishment, and lets be honest...for the low prices!! But I buy, fill my bags, and move on.
So this time, as I made my way though, I tried to really speak to each vendor I purchased from. To really thank them. So often, Mike and I return to the same people for our favorites. Why not express that to them?
So this week...I did.
I spoke to our fish guys. Told them how I never really liked fish, but that they've changed my whole world! Now I have tilapia every Monday night. I thanked them, really thanked them. They smiled. I smiled. Then I moved on. I tried to do this with every stop. Speak to them. Thank them. Tell them how beautiful their organic zucchini is! That we eat it every week.
These people are with me every week. Every evening as I share a meal with my honey and talk we about our day. Its time I thanked them properly. The "almond guy". The "tempeh guy". The "sunchoke guy". Next week....I'm gonna work on names. Next week, when I'm eating my zuchinni spaghetti...I won't only thank the man who grew it....I will thank him by name.
Day 8: I am grateful to all the wonderful people at the Studio City Farmer's Market. For the fruits of their labor...which become the fruits (and veggies!) of my table.

No comments:
Post a Comment