Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 32

"Be open.  And then the truth follows."

Gangajil




As I sit here and look at "Day 32"....I can't help but think about all the days gone by. I can't believe I'm even be looking at the number 32! I remember starting out on this journey and thinking...well...let's see if I can do it! I'll be honest, there was a part of me that thought I would let it slip, that I wouldn't finish, that I would fold and give up. But here I am. With one month to go. And I know I can and will finish this through to the end....and beyond! I'm already thinking of new blog ideas. I already mentioned the acts of kindness blog. I'm still trying to work that one out in my head. Mike and I have talked about doing a cooking blog together. We would love to share all of our kitchen creations with anyone who is interested. And there are tons of other ideas....the options are limitless! I think I have to let up on myself just a bit moving forward. I'm not going to require that I write everyday. Whereas it was a wonderful challenge and I discovered so much about myself as a person and as a writer...a writer that I never even knew I could be...it put a lot of stress on my mind and heart to write every day. I found that many days I felt forced for inspiration rather than just letting it come naturally. Moving forward, that is a change I will definitely consider making. Who knows? 


I guess today...I'm really turning in. 


Day 32: I am grateful to myself. For committing, for seeing it through. I am grateful that I wasn't too hard on myself. That I allowed myself to live fully and take it one day at a time. That I opened my heart the world and really let myself see what it had to offer, so many things that I had been missing. 


Sometimes we are our own worst critic. Most times, actually. And sometimes the person we are least kind to is ourself. So...to me. Thank you for doing this. Thank you for finally letting you...be you. 


31 days to go. You got this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment